News

Welcome - We are looking a new ways to improve the forum.  More to come soon!!!   We are making some changes to the forum.  These upgrades/adds may or could cause issues for logging in.  If you have any problems, please email

admin@ncwrestlingscoutreport.com

Brackets are out on NCHSAA

Ironman152 · 5409

Offline Ironman152

on: February 03, 2020, 09:24:05 AM
Brackets with Host sites are posted online at NCHSAA.  Going to be a long drive to New Bern tomorrow.

Teague Little

Lumberton Senior High

Offline jobelk

Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 09:50:21 AM

Jamie Belk

Piedmont Wrestling

Offline Ironman152

Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 10:41:55 AM
I don't have a dog in this fight but... someone explain how Trinity, Morehead, and Reidsville all have to make 4+ hour drives to Dixon. Thats wild. I thought I was salty about having to drive to Newbern. Then I talked to my buddy at trinity and theyve got a damn haul.

Teague Little

Lumberton Senior High

Offline Tapout

Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 11:21:10 AM
Laney, Cardinal Gibbons, Pinecrest ranked 1,2 and 3 have to go through each other just to get to the semi finals along with number 8 ranked New Bern. Tough road to the finals in the East.

Offline Fwrogers

Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 01:01:41 PM
Teague maybe none of the other schools could host? Thats all I got though

Offline Rob98

Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 01:21:44 PM
How are these sites selected?

Offline Ironman152

Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 01:37:06 PM
I know Trinity couldn't host. They had a basketball game. Just super unfortunate hahahaha. That 2a east and west separation is pretty wide.  Teams as far west as reidsville still being considered in the east. 

Teague Little

Lumberton Senior High

Offline Ironman152

Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 01:38:19 PM
How are these sites selected?

AD's of schools that have available facilities to host submit their bid to host to the state and then the state generally selects the central most school with capability to host. Sometimes the breakdown gets a little wild though.

Teague Little

Lumberton Senior High

Offline kwatkins

Reply #8 on: February 04, 2020, 07:29:32 PM
If we are going to keep the format that we currently have with predetermined brackets, is it really too much to ask for the NCHSAA to say high schools cannot schedule basketball games on the Tuesday of State Duals? That way the most centrally located school can host.

Offline Ironman152

Reply #9 on: February 04, 2020, 11:17:25 PM
Format is supposed to be changing next year to Saturday, Wednesday Saturday. So it’ll avoid basketball games

Teague Little

Lumberton Senior High

Offline Longdayrunner

Reply #10 on: February 05, 2020, 01:24:39 PM
The brackets are out with the sites.  Can someone explain to me why a #2 seed would get to host the 3rd and 4th rounds, when the other #1 seeds are available with travel distance being no concern?  Look at the 4A West bracket with W Forsyth hosting (#2 seed) and both #1 seeds (Hough and Glenn) are available to host.  Why wouldn't the #1 seeds get the advantage of home school gyms, crowds etc.?

Offline Mikemaccay

Reply #11 on: February 05, 2020, 01:31:57 PM
It’s usually for travel purposes. If I’m not mistaken the state helps pay that back to the school. So it makes no sense for Glenn to go past West Forsyth to get to Mooresville when it’s cheaper for the state to allow WF to host. I could be wrong but that is my understanding.

Same thing happened last year in the 2A East with the 3/4 round because trinity hosted and Ledford was in the pool. Same thing this year with trinity and wheatmore advancing.

The brackets are out with the sites.  Can someone explain to me why a #2 seed would get to host the 3rd and 4th rounds, when the other #1 seeds are available with travel distance being no concern?  Look at the 4A West bracket with W Forsyth hosting (#2 seed) and both #1 seeds (Hough and Glenn) are available to host.  Why wouldn't the #1 seeds get the advantage of home school gyms, crowds etc.?

Offline Fatdog

Reply #12 on: February 06, 2020, 08:35:02 AM
In 1A on the first night only 3 teams at one site with one team getting a first round bye. Teams in one pod were East Carteret (1 seed), South Stanly(a 2 seed) and Pamlico County(WC). East could have hosted but the state chose South Stanly as the host. This meant a 4 1/2 hr drive for both teams that are about an hour apart. Someone needs a geography course. Pamlico chose to opt out because of this.

Offline Fwrogers

Reply #13 on: February 06, 2020, 08:57:53 AM
outside of doing it all at one location (This would be a really fun weekend) there really isn't a way to do it that would satisfy everyone.

Offline kwatkins

Reply #14 on: February 06, 2020, 10:23:02 AM
I agree! One site would be amazing!