News

Welcome - We are looking a new ways to improve the forum.  More to come soon!!!   We are making some changes to the forum.  These upgrades/adds may or could cause issues for logging in.  If you have any problems, please email

admin@ncwrestlingscoutreport.com

Way too early individual predictions

Tapout · 2445

Offline Tapout

on: March 20, 2020, 03:18:08 PM
What are the too early individual state champ prediction for next year. Now is the time to make those predictions, since we have the time and the state tourney fresh in our minds. Who are your predictions for locks for a winning a title.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 03:19:46 PM by Tapout »

Offline Oldman63

Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 09:50:17 AM
2 upper weights in Landon Foor and Holden Cypher look to be solid favorites to win again. 1a will have several winning again like always. Ethan Shell and Levi Andrews are close to locks for Avery.

Offline Tapout

Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 08:22:07 AM
As you can tell I have some extra time, breakdown of 4A. Predictions and top 5 Pound for pound wrestlers. P4P criteria was level of competition wrestled and how each wrestler performed in state tourney, example bonus points scored, is wrestler dangerous in all three positions?  List favorite in each weight class and a dark horse if any.

Mark Samuel- Laney
Luke Kunath- Cardinal Gibbons
Jack Dillion- Ashley
Samuel may have the most challenges in order to repeat, if he stays at 106 a healthy Dillion is a big obstacle kid placed 3rd two years ago on a torn ACL, if Samuel is at 113 and Treanor stays that is a even bigger challenge.
Dark horse of 2020-21 season Jack Dillion is capable of winning at 106 or 113 if Treanor is at 120.

120- Would love to see Richard Treanor Hough vs James Joblin NW Gilford in the finals
Either way Treanor or Joblin will have 120 locked down.

126- Riley Edwards or James Joblin

132- Jun Figueredo Hough- solid wrestler who never stops attacking.

138- no clear favorite:
Jun Figueredo- capable of winning at 132 or 138
Connor Johnson Laney- big question mark, can he finish big matches has a tendency to fade late in matches.
Nick Smith- Ragsdale
Joseph Lock- Jack Britt

Jayden Doebeck Pinecrest
Toure Moore Grimsley

152- no clear favorite
Doebeck capable of winning at 145 or 152
2nd dark horse of 2020-2021 season Alex Bentley Hickory Ridge, kid could win it if wrestles up to his capabilities.

160- no clear cut favorite, wide open weight class.
Andrew Doss Leesville Road
Luke Goodin Mooresville Senior
Noah Willliams Apex

Clear Favorite Devon Bell Laney, if Bell continues to wrestle like he did at the state tourney he will have 170 on lock down. Bell can score quickly and in bunches.

Clear favorite Holden Cypher Millbrook, unfortunately for 4A 170 and 182 pounders both weight classes are on lock down, pick you poison, stay at 170 and deal with Bell’s physical aggressive athletic style or at 182 Cyphers brute strength that makes you pay for the smallest of mistakes by sticking you.

Shakarri Morrison Newton Conover, if Cypher stays at 182 which I doubt.

Two man race:
Jose George South View
Rylan Vann Cary

Emmanuel Bell Laney
Chase Goodwin Pinecrest
Bell and Goodwin finals would make for the best 285 finals we have seen in years. These two are just too far ahead of the field to be caught.

Author’s observation: our depth in NC is lacking,  as a coach and fan I do not like to see weight classes on lock down. Our top guys are legit but we need to work on our depth.

Top 5 P4P wrestlers,  criteria used is in above paragraph:

Richard Treanor Hough
James Joplin NW Guilford
Devon Bell Laney
Riley Edwards NW Guilford
Holden Cypher Millbrook

« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 02:02:49 PM by Tapout »

Offline Oldman63

Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 08:55:03 AM
Good stuff this morning Tapout. You should do the other divisions.

Offline Tapout

Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 09:18:55 AM
Oldman63 appreciate it, I will work on 3A this evening.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 01:18:18 PM by Tapout »

Offline Coach Atwood

• Administrator
Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 11:59:48 AM
Toure Moore from Grimsley is the REAL DEAL.  That kid was hosed in the state tournament.  I don't care what anyone says.  He is the favorite at whatever weight he wrestles next season.

Offline Tapout

Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 12:40:30 PM
Coach Atwood I Agree Moore is legit, did not see his match at state that you speak of but yes one of the favorites to be at the top of podium.

Come to think of it, I did see that match I was about 10 feet from it, and totally agree Moore being hosed is an understatement.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 01:29:30 PM by Tapout »