News

Welcome - We are looking a new ways to improve the forum.  More to come soon!!!   We are making some changes to the forum.  These upgrades/adds may or could cause issues for logging in.  If you have any problems, please email

admin@ncwrestlingscoutreport.com

3A individual weight class breakdown

Tapout · 2356

Offline Tapout

on: March 26, 2020, 07:29:03 PM
As you can see I have extra time. 3A weight class breakdown with predictions and top 5 Pound for pound wrestlers. P4P criteria was level of competition wrestled and how each wrestler performed in state tourney, example bonus points scored, is wrestler dangerous in all three positions?  List favorite in each weight class and a dark horse if any.

Marcus Jackson-Central Cabarrus, will have 106 and 113 on lockdown.

No clear cut favorite unless Jackson is at 113. 
Jackson Baguio-Central Cabarrus, interesting dynamic here can Jackson make 106 and Central Carbarrus have back to back state champs? 120 is not an option.

120 Tripp Collins will have 120 or 126 in lockdown.

Stephan Cotton will be the favorite minus Collins but could be challenged by:
Noah Kiser- Central Carbarrus
Jacob Bennett- West Cartere
Zach Karagias- Stuart Cramer

Will Lewis-Western Harnett, our theme continues as Lewis will have 132 on lockdown, Lewis came one match shy of pinning his way through the state tourney.

No depth at all, no clear favorite Will Lewis could pin his way to a state title at 132 and 138.

Hunter Campbell North Brunswick clear cut favorite, 145 is clearly on lockdown.
Campbell has been on the brink of a state title every year, was clearly the second best wrestler this year behind Dallas Wilson.
May be wrestler of the year in 3A.

Will be a three man race:
Yoel Del Rio North Brunswick
Oren Bost East Rowan
Vincent Page Fike
Advantage goes too Del Rio, training with Campbell will sharpen your skills

Although returning State Champ River Carroll- Swansboro May be returning @ 160 I see no clear favorite. Carroll can be challenged by several wrestlers. Del Rio would give him problems if he is at 160. Both are similar built but Del Rio is a better mat wrestler and again has the advantage of scrapping with Hunter Campbell everyday.

No clear favorite:
Troy Weaver- DH Conley could make the top of the podium. Potentially 170 could be Carroll’s ticket to be a 2 timer. Just a bold prediction Carroll will not repeat if he stays at 160 his route has to be at 170.

No clear cut favorite:
Joe Zovistoke- Weddington
Styron Frost- East Rowan

Clear cut favorite Jayleen Bullock-Fike

Triston Norris North Henderson should be favored but could be challenged by Alex Mccalo- SE Guilford and Cody Hardy- Parkland

285- clear cut favorite Jamier Ferere- Southern Guilford

Top 5 P4P wrestlers:
Hunter Campbell-North Brunswick
Marcus Jackson- Central Cabarrus
Tripp Collins- Piedmont
Will Lewis- Western Harnett

* I did not go with 5 because of criteria as stated above and to be considered top P4P you need to be dangerous in all three positions. 3A just does not have the quality at this time to find 5 wrestlers that meet the criteria compared to 4A I had a problem narrowing it down to 5.

Authors Observation:
As stated in my 4A breakdown NC is lacking depth and especially 3A. Couple years ago it seemed winning a title in 3A was more difficult than in 4A but now 4A seems to be the more difficult route. The lack of depth is somewhat bewildering as NC has the most college programs in the nation and at one point last season had 5 schools ranked in the top 30.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 10:38:05 PM by Tapout »

Offline Oldman63

Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 07:43:44 PM
Enjoy reading your breakdowns. Helps pass the time, keep it up.

Offline Rob98

Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 12:40:25 AM
Will you be breaking down 2A and 1A also?

Offline Tapout

Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 06:33:01 AM
I will not be doing a breakdown for 1A/2A due to the fact I do not know the wrestlers well enough to speak intelligently enough, doing so would be an injustice to those hard working wrestlers. Hope someone who follows 1A/2A closely could do it.