News

Welcome - We are looking a new ways to improve the forum.  More to come soon!!!   We are making some changes to the forum.  These upgrades/adds may or could cause issues for logging in.  If you have any problems, please email

admin@ncwrestlingscoutreport.com

2a breakdown

Perkdog · 2014

Offline Perkdog

on: March 31, 2020, 11:03:46 AM
I am not a 2a expert, but I will give it a try.

285- Newton Conover's Walker is a big favorite since he plays the 285 game well. Probably the weakest 2a weight class last year. Just not much depth here, but Trent Smith of East Lincoln is a huge, and could challenge if he learns how to play the big boy game.

220- Chase Crayton of Mt. Pleasant returns as a champ but the difference between him and Ashe's Jaron Greer is razor thin (falling in OT). Grayson Cannon of East Lincoln is really good on top, and that could make him a contender! Does Crayton grow into a 285? If so, he could be in the mix to win it there.

195- I think Levi Klutz of Mt. Pleasant is the favorite since he almost did it last year falling in OT of the finals. He moves well for an upper weight. Does he grow into a 220?  If Steven Campbell of Surry Central moves up, he could challenge here.

18 2- Landon Foor of Foard will make a push for being a 4 timer. Barring injury (like last year), he is a step above these upper weights.

170-Tyler Horton of Moorehead and Joey Plyler of North Lincoln are two names that I think could make some noise with Horton being a little ahead at this point.

160-Aiden Curry of CATA is more talented than his competition at 160 but has to not get in trouble with DQ's. He could go up and make a run at 170 too.

152-Pretty good weight if they are all back here! Brady Ross of CATA, Dalton Miller of Mt. Pleasant are the two front runners capable of winning it but Caleb Hines of East Lincoln should be in the hunt. Would defending champ at 145, Jeremiah Price of Surry Central move up and make this a crazy good weight? If Curry goes up to 170, maybe one of these hammers go 160.

145-Will Jeremiah Price stay at 145 or move up? I will keep him here for this.  He is the best here. Barring something crazy, the only other wrestler in the mix would be Jack Hawbaker from First Flight.

Alright, here is where I am starting to move kids because of growth!

138-Aidan Hiott West Stanly is a hammer who was in and out last year because of injuries. He would have been a title contender last season if not for the injury. To me, he has to be my favorite here. I am going to guess Zane Birtchet, a stud freshman from last year who is from Foard grows to 138 as my next best guy at this weight.

132-I think Hunter Ross from CATA moves up and finally gets his title. He is one of the best kids in NC not to win a title yet.  Louis Mehaffey from Pisgah stays down to make 132 interesting (just a guess) and is right there, but Ross is slick! Former champ, Zachariah Lewis of RS Central, Easton Shelley is a tough rising sophomore, all should be fighting for 2nd. Could be a really good weight!

126-I am guessing that Kyle Montaperto from CATA makes the weight jump and he is just better than everyone else. He has had some injuries over the last year, so he has to stay healthy in February to stay on track of being a 4 timer!  Elijah Boyd from Reidsville, is really tough but Kyle seems to be in a different class. Can Boyd stay at 120 and challenge there or does his body grow? Samuel Hodge from Currituck is in the mix to be a 2-4 type guy too.

120-I am guessing that Jacob Cox from South Rowan comes up too. He is a defending champ who is pretty good on top and is your probable favorite too. I was told that North Lincoln's state champ, Jorden Schlossman was cutting hard last year and might be a 120 next year, which would be pretty cool to see champ v champ.  Also, does Brock Carey of Foard come up to 120?  Can Boyd suck down to stay at 120? Or does Kyle stay at 120? If all this happened, this could be a fireworks weight class.

113-I will say Foard's Brock Carey doesn't go 120, and ends up at 113. He was hurt a lot last year, but if healthy, he is pretty good!  Eli Thomas of Forbush (who is big and might be a 120) or Jorden Schlossman of North Lincoln (if he doesn't go up to 120) will all be in the conversation to win.

106- A lot of upper classman were here last year, and I think most of them move up a weight or two. I am not sure who is coming up from middle school that might be in the conversation to win it, but I will guess that Wilkes Central's Tyler Holland goes 106, though I have no idea. He didn't look real big when I saw him, so maybe he can make it again. 

I did a little research, but I am sure not enough to be very accurate! It's just so hard to guess how much different kids will grow.  Anyway, I can't wait for another season!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 11:33:35 AM by Perkdog »

Offline Oldman63

Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 11:48:45 AM
Looks solid to me. Who's working on 1a now?

Offline Tapout

Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 01:07:12 PM
Good stuff

Offline CoachTHensley

Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 02:01:54 PM
Jack Hawbaker of First Flight will be at Oscar Smith High School in the VA Beach Area next season. I hate to see him go, but he will do well. He will make the best team in VA even better.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 07:31:16 AM by CoachTHensley »

Manteo High School