News

Welcome - We are looking a new ways to improve the forum.  More to come soon!!!   We are making some changes to the forum.  These upgrades/adds may or could cause issues for logging in.  If you have any problems, please email

admin@ncwrestlingscoutreport.com

Dark horses

Rob98 · 1952

Offline Rob98

on: February 18, 2020, 09:43:24 PM
Who are your dark horses for this weekend?

Offline coachsmithwick

Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 08:00:02 AM
Who are your dark horses for this weekend?

Go to sewrestle.com or http://www.southeastwrestling.com/north-carolina-1

Here, you will find preview guides for the 2A, 3A and 1A in that order. 4A should be up sometime this morning. You will find darkhorses listed in each weighclass preview. You can also go to http://rankwrestlers.com/state.php?state=NC to see other preview guides. Hope this helps.

Offline Ironman152

Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 10:25:15 AM
North Carolina is making so much growth in wrestling its tough to have dark horses anymore.  The depth of talent is increasing.  Im not surprised anymore when any of the top guys win. Of course there are some weights where we expect certain people to win but for the most part the field is pretty even in many of the weight classes. 

152 3A I think Al Baynard comes in and makes a lot of noise.  He's unorthodox and has some really slick stuff. 

4A 113 I think Matt Rowland can have the big upset.  His matches with Treanor are extremely close everytime. I would not be surprised to see an upset here. Matt is really tough. 

4A Hwt a darkhorse is Joshua Savage. Savage has been pretty under the radar. Didn't finish the season last year but has been on a tear this year.  Especially here at the end winning a pretty tough Mid east region with 3 returning state qualifiers in the bracket.

3A 145 a tougher match up than I think people are giving it is going to be hunter campbell vs dallas wilson.  I see hunter as my darkhorse at this weight. Dallas is a hammer but Hunter is a pretty damn good wrestler.

Teague Little

Lumberton Senior High