News

Welcome - We are looking a new ways to improve the forum.  More to come soon!!!   We are making some changes to the forum.  These upgrades/adds may or could cause issues for logging in.  If you have any problems, please email

admin@ncwrestlingscoutreport.com

Crazy 4A team race

Tapout · 2702

Offline Tapout

on: February 23, 2020, 09:17:59 AM
4A had Hough, Laney, Mooresville separated by 3.5 points going into the final two matches  of the weekend. Mark Sameul’s win over Hough at 106 put Laney in first, Hough in second and Mooresville 3rd. 113 had a Hough vs Mooresville match up and had the same results as the state Duals with Treanor pulling out a pin for the win and giving Hough the team title and Laney State runner up while Mooresville finish a close 3rd. Great exciting day of wrestling.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 10:45:11 AM by Tapout »

Offline psu9wrestler

• Cael Sanderson
Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 08:49:17 PM
I don't think some people realized what was happening in the 4A race.  It was very close all the way through the tournament.  Laney had some tough losses on the backside but I think Hough also had some kids out earlier than expected.  Mooresville had plenty of kids still in the tournament.  Had to be one of the closest tournament races in a while, especially being a three way race. It literally came down to the very last two matches, then the last match (Treanor vs Freeze) was the deciding factor.

Score Before the last two matches
106 (Hough-Fajerman) vs (Laney-Samuel)
Hough 107.5
Laney 105.5
Mooresville 104

After 106 Laney takes the Lead (Samuel over Fajerman) 4 points for Laney with Dec.
1. Laney 109.5
2. Hough 107.5
3. Mooresville 104

It actually came down to Treanor (Hough) vs Freeze (Mooresville)

I think Hough was relieved that it came down to Treanor as it had in the duals.  Treanor pins (add 6pts 4+2bonus) and final score becomes.

1. Hough 113.5
2. Laney 109.5
3. Mooresville 104
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 01:46:01 PM by psu9wrestler »

Offline Tapout

Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 09:02:22 PM
Yes, wish they would of announced the fact of what was happening to add more drama to the final two matches. I am sure that situation very rarely happens. We could do a better job as a state to promote the key match ups through out the tourney but overall a great job and awesome weekend.

Offline Ironman152

Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 08:08:05 AM
I remember hearing the team scores being announced and wondering if I heard the scores right because it was so close and no one was even talking about it lol

Teague Little

Lumberton Senior High

Offline Tapout

Reply #4 on: February 24, 2020, 09:43:13 AM
I agree with Ironman, heard team score announced but no real attention to it. Announcer could of brought some drama into it by saying “team race may come down to final matches of the weekend, closest team race in recent years, all 3 teams are fighting for  the title” bring some additional excitement into the tourney.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 09:54:44 AM by Tapout »

Offline Coach Atwood

• Administrator
Reply #5 on: February 24, 2020, 03:29:50 PM
It would be nice to have an immediate update on the overhead screens of what the top ten team scores are after each match. This would make it more entertaining for fans rather than have to use their cell phone to be updated.

Offline psu9wrestler

• Cael Sanderson
Reply #6 on: February 24, 2020, 06:07:03 PM
Yes they need to use the jumbotron for more information.  They need to think of it as a show.  A few ideas
1.  Use jumbo tron for marquee match-ups, key interviews
2.  Do all of the awards at the end.
3. For the live stream,  have a roving camera.  Mat 4 is over.  Interview winner.  Don’t leave an empty mat on the streaming cam for 12-15 minutes.  You will put people to sleep faster than ambien
4. Shorten the rounds by moving more matches to open mats.  A nose bleed or two can back things up by 20 minutes.
5.  Show videos on big screen during transformation to finals.
All in all it is very exciting for the real devoted wrestling fan, you have to think about the casual fan.  It started out with a packed house,  I know it ran late but by the end you probably had a 1/4 or 1/6 of the original crowd.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 06:09:03 PM by psu9wrestler »

Offline Tapout

Reply #7 on: February 24, 2020, 06:33:23 PM
Totally agree with Psu if we moved matches to open mats maybe that would save some time and we could really focus on those key match ups. Like you said we need to look at it as a show, for entertainment purposes.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 06:39:59 PM by Tapout »

Offline Tapout

Reply #8 on: February 24, 2020, 06:42:30 PM
For any coaches in the know, does the state review tourneys at the end of the year? Do they have a committee that reviews what we did correct and what we did wrong or what can we approve on. Like a lessons learned meeting. Goal is to make our product better type of approach.