News

Welcome - We are looking a new ways to improve the forum.  More to come soon!!!   We are making some changes to the forum.  These upgrades/adds may or could cause issues for logging in.  If you have any problems, please email

admin@ncwrestlingscoutreport.com

Recent Posts

High School Wrestling / Central Ironman
« Last post by Coach Cox on April 08, 2024, 10:01:35 AM »
Good job to many NC wrestlers at High School Nationals.  I hope some of you will be transitioning into freestyle and Greco.  R-S Central will host our annual Central Ironman (woman) tournament on April 20.  You can wrestle all three styles in one day.  You can earn a medal per style, and anyone that wins all three styles can earn the Ironman trophy.  This is all ages, and we will have a women's division as well.  Come and get 10+ matches in one day.  The cost is $35 per person with a USA Wrestling full membership.  Also, it is a great event for those of you that will wrestle in the freestyle state tournament and Southeast Regionals. 

Check out the flyer and email me if you have questions. 
High School Wrestling / Tournament 12/28 and 1/4
« Last post by CoachD on April 08, 2024, 08:13:26 AM »
New Hanover HS in Wilmington is looking for an individual tournament for Dec 28th and Jan 4th, 2025. Would like to stay within a 2 hr drive.

Thank you
Hi I’m currently a senior in high school and am graduating this summer and want to get into coaching.I’ve been wretsling for many years now at a high level and I’m very passionate about it and want to help and give back to the sport that has changed my life for the better and start a Carrer as a coach. My plan was to help my school next year just as a volunteer coach because my current head coach already approved it but I just found out yesterday my ad at my school does not hire anyone under the age of 21 so I am unable to help there next year. I was wondering if any teams/coaches on here have/know of any upcoming voulnter coach openings for next year around the triangle/central North Carolina area that I can get into after I graduate. Thank you and please feel free to email me at jjnc0915@icloud.com  if you can help/with any questions you have or anything any help will be greatly appreciated and again thank you !
I am hoping to bring some wrestlers in for the May 25 tourney in Winston Salem.  Have not been able to email direct so hoping someone can reach out to me here as I have some questions.  Thx!
Open Dates and Scheduling / North Moore Wrestling
« Last post by Dallas Roemer on April 04, 2024, 08:07:09 AM »
Coaches,

North Moore high school is still looking to fill the following dates for this upcoming wrestling season. Please let me know if you'd be interested in competing with us on any of these dates. My email is droemer@ncmcs.org  .

-November  21st, hosting Central Carolina Academy (one more team needed)
-December 11th, hosting South Davidson (one more team needed)
-December 20th, hosting a quad (3 teams needed)
-January 1st-3rd, (looking to travel)
-January 15th, hosting Lexington (one more team needed)
-January 16th-17th (looking to travel)
-January 21st-23rd (looking to travel or host)

Thanks,

High School Wrestling / Super 32 Qualifiers
« Last post by NextLevelCoach on March 30, 2024, 07:34:12 PM »
Does anyone know when the super 32 qualifier event tournaments will be posted?

Thanks,
Coach Josh
High School Wrestling / Re: Other Boards/Sites for Scheduling
« Last post by NextLevelCoach on March 30, 2024, 07:21:23 PM »
If you Contact me at nextlevelwrestling2@gmail.com - I can email you a list of coaches emails for them to reach out.

Coach Josh
Open Dates and Scheduling / Friday Night Duals 5/24
« Last post by UCA on March 28, 2024, 11:10:41 AM »
Coaches,

I hope your offseason is going well. UCA/Zombie Mentality Wrestling Club will host Friday Night duals on 5/24. Teams will match up for this event. Each team will get 4-5 duals with 14 individual matchups, three 1:30-minute periods on a running clock, and college out-of-bounds rules.  Eastside(Eastern Guilford), Zombie Mentality (UCA), Invictus (Dudley), and PWC (Piedmont) are the teams committed so far. 

Uhwarrie Charter Academy HS
207 C Eagle Lane
Asheboro, NC 27205

May 24, 2024
Entry Fee: $175
Teams can arrive at 4:30
Doors open for spectators at 5:00
Wrestling will begin at 5:45 on 2-4 mats, depending on the number of teams competing.

No team score will be kept.  Teams will weigh in at their school and match wrestlers up based on their ability level when possible.

--
Thank you,
Chris Waddell
Uwharrie Charter Academy
Dean of Students
Athletic Director
Head Wrestling Coach
High School Wrestling / Friday Night Duals 5/24
« Last post by UCA on March 28, 2024, 11:10:18 AM »
Coaches,

I hope your offseason is going well. UCA/Zombie Mentality Wrestling Club will host Friday Night duals on 5/24. Teams will match up for this event. Each team will get 4-5 duals with 14 individual matchups, three 1:30-minute periods on a running clock, and college out-of-bounds rules.  Eastside(Eastern Guilford), Zombie Mentality (UCA), Invictus (Dudley), Camel City WC(Atkins), and PWC (Piedmont) are the teams committed so far. 

Uhwarrie Charter Academy HS
207 C Eagle Lane
Asheboro, NC 27205

May 24, 2024
Entry Fee: $175
Teams can arrive at 4:30
Doors open for spectators at 5:00
Wrestling will begin at 5:45 on 2-4 mats, depending on the number of teams competing.

No team score will be kept.  Teams will weigh in at their school and match wrestlers up based on their ability level when possible.

--
Thank you,
Chris Waddell
Uwharrie Charter Academy
Dean of Students
Athletic Director
Head Wrestling Coach
Job Openings / Lake Norman NC Head Coach Position
« Last post by Lanning on March 27, 2024, 04:05:16 PM »
The Lake Norman High School wrestling program is accepting applications to lead our program as the head coach for the 2024-2025 season.

The Head Coach must demonstrate strong leadership in sportsmanship, integrity, and character development. Qualified candidates shall possess strong communication, and organizational skills. They must demonstrate exceptional knowledge of the skills and strategies of the sport of wrestling. They must demonstrate the importance of academic excellence and assist in monitoring and maintaining high academic standards for members of the wrestling program.

We are specifically looking for a candidate that will be teaching within the school. The following are currently open at Lake Norman High School:

Exceptional Children-Certified/Exceptional Children`s Teacher

High School Teaching English

High School Teaching Agricultural Science

High School Teaching Physical Science

High School Teaching Chemistry

High School Teaching Biology

In-School-Suspension Teacher

We have excellent facilities, booster club, great assistant coaches, and very supportive administration. Our program has had great success over the past decades with numerous State Medalists, State Champs, and All-Americans.  Lake Norman has traveled consistently to the top tournaments in the country.

Lake Norman’s middle school feeder program’s offer 6-8th grade wrestling and continue to finish 1 and 2 in their conference.

Interested candidates are to e-mail cover letter and resume to Athletic Director, Jay Keener at jkeener@iss.k12.nc.us