News

Welcome - We are looking a new ways to improve the forum.  More to come soon!!!   We are making some changes to the forum.  These upgrades/adds may or could cause issues for logging in.  If you have any problems, please email

admin@ncwrestlingscoutreport.com

Draughn High School (Women's Head Coach)

NextLevelCoach · 1226

Offline NextLevelCoach

on: March 20, 2023, 01:29:59 PM
Draughn High School is looking for a Head Women's Wrestling Coach for 2023-2024 season.

Currently we have 1 returning state qualifier (rising Junior) she wrestled up also at 230 for regionals/ states weighing 191. She was our 195 starter for mens team. We didn't realize we had to drop her to 182 until it was to late. She's been working hard to drop her weight for next season and is currently still wrestling over summer at 182 and going down to 165 for next season.

Have a returning heavyweight (Rising sophomore) - DNW at regionals due to broken finger.

Incoming Freshman girl 120 lbs who placed in her conference tournament. (She also has sister rising junior who plans to join us).

Transfer coming in who's currently 126 who plans to drop to 113. Shes training hard over the off season in club practices and tournaments. Her sister plans to be the mat girl for both teams.

Another girl will is currently a rising 8th grader at middle school. Will have her following year.

4 guaranteed possible 5 before having an interest meeting in August. I will be glad to create a schedule for the ladies to wrestle tournaments and matches to get you started. If you're a newer coach I'll be happy to teach you how to use the trackwrestling system and help you with anything you need. We will be running joint practices for both teams together then will attend some events separate and some together if both boys/girl tournaments are available. If there are any tournaments girls team go to and boys don't have anything ill be glad to go and be your assistant on women's team.

I am not sure what teacher openings there are currently they will know that in June. But we are seeking a motivated women's coach. Our administration is very excited about our current progress and fully support the program.

Please reach out to the Principal - Jeanene Burris -  jburris@burke.k12.nc.us

Coach Josh (Jimmy C. Draughn Head coach) 910-899-6482 / Nextlevelwrestling2@gmail.com