News

Welcome - We are looking a new ways to improve the forum.  More to come soon!!!   We are making some changes to the forum.  These upgrades/adds may or could cause issues for logging in.  If you have any problems, please email

admin@ncwrestlingscoutreport.com

Gavin Sharpe Memorial New Tournament Jan. 9 2021

benwatson · 1568

Offline benwatson

on: February 28, 2020, 11:11:40 AM
Good Morning, I hope all is well with yall. I wanted to send this out  early because at Mooresville High school we will host an individual tournament Jan.9th in honor of Gavin Sharpe. Gavin Sharpe was a sophomore at Mooresville High school when he passed away August 5th 2019. Gavin was a three sport athlete. He played football, wrestled, and threw the shot put and discus. Gavin was in an unfortunate accident at school of August the 3rd. Our students, staff,  etc.... have had a hard time as you can imagine.  Gavin was very involved with FCA.  This year our FCA numbers average from 50-80 on early Thursday mornings at 6:45 AM.  Next season we want to have a wrestling tournament that bears his name.  The tournament will be a 16 man bracket one day tournament.  I will get seeding information out and logistics later. Right now this is just the baby steps we are taking. We need teams. I understand you may go to other tournaments that weekend or don't wrestle tournaments  in January.  Please take time and consider if this is a possibility for you and your team.  If this is a possibility and you would like to commit to it, please email me back or reach me at (704) 650-1559.

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Offline benwatson

Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 03:10:27 PM
Right now we have Mooresville, South Caldwell, Davie, and Piedmont committed. we need 12 more teams please.  Reminder that the tournament is on Jan.9th, and it is an individual tournament.