News

Welcome - We are looking a new ways to improve the forum.  More to come soon!!!   We are making some changes to the forum.  These upgrades/adds may or could cause issues for logging in.  If you have any problems, please email

admin@ncwrestlingscoutreport.com

My All North Carolina team (before states version)

Perkdog · 8822

Offline Perkdog

on: February 11, 2019, 07:57:55 PM
This is open to every division...some weight classes were really hard for me to guess, but here is my lineup.  Yes, I know one of these guys can't win it, but I thought he was the best throughout the season, and another didn't win his region, but beat the guy earlier in the year.  I will try to post a post states list.  I fixed Early's grade.
106-Richard Treanor, Hough, soph, 4a
113-Tripp Collins, Piedmont, soph, 3a
120-Kobe Early Cary, junior, 4a
126-Ethan Oakley, Wheatmore, junior, 2a
132-Josh Blatt, Piedmont, senior, 3a
138-Dallas Wilson, Cape Fear, junior, 3a
145-Silas Shaw, Mooresville, senior, 4a
152-Nathan Hull, West Lincoln, senior, 2a
160-Hayden Wyke, Hibriten, senior, 2a
170-Ryan Wolfran, Cary, junior, 4a
182-Landon Foor, Foard, soph, 2a
195-Nathan Dugan, Lake Norman, senior, 4a
220-Jalen Brooks, Cardinal Gibbons, senior, 4a
285- Antwon McClee, Ashbrook, senior, 3a
Breakdown: 4A: 6, 3A: 4, 2A: 4, 1A:0
Seniors: 7, Juniors: 4, Sophomores: 3, Freshman: 0
My Freshman of the year: Kyle Monteperto, CATA 106.
My Sophomore of the year: Landon Foor, Foard 182
My Junior of the year:  Dallas Wilson, Cape Fear 138
My Senior of the year: Nathan Dugan, Lake Norman 195
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 10:39:18 AM by Perkdog »

Offline CoachTHensley

Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 08:08:59 AM
Dallas Wilson is only a junior? I thought he was a senior. He's a hammer for sure.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 12:30:45 PM by CoachTHensley »

Manteo High School

Offline Ironman152

Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 08:27:36 AM
Yeah Dallas is just a junior. Kids a hammer.

Teague Little

Lumberton Senior High

Offline Ironman152

Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 08:28:18 AM
Kobe Early is also a Junior and not a senior unless im mistaken.

Teague Little

Lumberton Senior High

Offline vikings24

Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 08:30:20 AM
Wilson is definitely a junior. Talent wise, he probably should have placed his freshman year but I think took third at Regionals behind Saravia and Swindon, who both ended up in the finals.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 08:34:44 AM by vikings24 »

Offline MC4VT

Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 09:04:20 AM
Good list! I would probably put Olmedo at 220 but that's my biased opinion (he has pretty much crushed everyone not named Dugan). Guess we will find out on Saturday! Gonna be some really good battles.

Offline coachyaro

Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 09:10:17 AM
Kobe Early is also a Junior and not a senior unless im mistaken.

Yes Kobe is only a Junior. Easy to forget sometimes since he has been in the State Finals the last two years.

Offline vikings24

Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 02:47:54 PM
Kobe is tough but I’d put Carson Smith at 120. If he wins this year, he will be a 3x Champ and 4x finalist. IMO, he is constantly over looked on these predictions....kid definitely shows up during States!!!

Offline Ironman152

Reply #8 on: February 12, 2019, 11:36:51 PM
I would take Carson over Kobe too. Wish those two would have met up.

Teague Little

Lumberton Senior High

Offline psu9wrestler

• Cael Sanderson
Reply #9 on: February 13, 2019, 08:52:56 AM
This is a good list.  I am still getting to know who is who in NC wrestling.  I utilize rank wrestler to see where kids stack-up.  Perkdog or anyone else - Who is the pound for pound best.  Who do you feel that you could send to another state IL. Fl, MI or CA and they would have the best chances of winning a State Title.  I don't say a specific state because, there might always be a kid that is better at a certain weight class.  Pick your best NC representative.  That would be my criteria for best over all.

Offline coachsmithwick

Reply #10 on: February 13, 2019, 08:57:35 AM
This is a good list.  I am still getting to know who is who in NC wrestling.  I utilize rank wrestler to see where kids stack-up.  Perkdog or anyone else - Who is the pound for pound best.  Who do you feel that you could send to another state IL. Fl, MI or CA and they would have the best chances of winning a State Title.  I don't say a specific state because, there might always be a kid that is better at a certain weight class.  Pick your best NC representative.  That would be my criteria for best over all.

Based on his success at national level tournaments, I would say Nathan Dugan from Lake Norman.

Offline Perkdog

Reply #11 on: February 13, 2019, 09:01:40 AM
Nathan Dugan is a nationally ranked wrestler, who took 4th at the Iron Man.  Richard Treanor is a 2x Fargo All American (I think).  Landon Foor was a Freshman National Champ. Blatt has won grade level National Titles in the past. Silas Shaw can wrestle with anyone, as can others that I didn't mention like Spencer Leonhardt of Freedom. Even Kyle Montaperto, who is a freshman can be in this mix. I don't want to say who the best is, because on different days, it may be different. I just enjoy watching the top guys get after it, and appreciate their craft.

Offline Ironman152

Reply #12 on: February 13, 2019, 10:49:53 AM
Both of the Decatur brothers are pretty good in international styles. I can see either of them getting AA status this summer. I'm pretty sure Davin Vann was an AA this summer at VA beach.  NC may not be as competitive nationally as yourNJ, PA, OH, etc but were becoming more and more competitive.  Biggest advantage i've noticed these other states have over NC is the depth.  In NJ you literally have 20% of the nationally ranked wrestlers in one state.  I think its like 6 #1 ranked wrestlers right now are from NJ. Its absurd numbers, and these guy still have close matches with other NJ guys who are ranked top 10 in the state.  PA you have guys like Spencer lee winning world titles then not winning a state title because of how deep it is.  NC doesn't have that yet but if these youth programs keep cranking out studs we will be just as competitive in the next several years.

Teague Little

Lumberton Senior High

Offline Loutorch

Reply #13 on: February 14, 2019, 05:32:21 PM
I would put Christian Decatur at the top of 113.