News

Welcome - We are looking a new ways to improve the forum.  More to come soon!!!   We are making some changes to the forum.  These upgrades/adds may or could cause issues for logging in.  If you have any problems, please email

admin@ncwrestlingscoutreport.com

Fork Union Military Academy in Virginia

KOppmann · 1461

Offline KOppmann

on: July 23, 2020, 11:55:47 AM
My son is going into 8th grade and LOVES wrestling. With COVID-19, many schools are going to this blended model of in-person, and virtual learning. I decided to look at private school options. Fork Union Military Academy in Virginia is a boarding, military academy that was recommended to me. I looked at their program, and their coach, and I was really impressed. And, they ARE having wrestling this year. In fact, I was able to find out they actually have a fall wrestling program on top of their in-season program.

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this academy, and could give me some additional insight.

Post a response and let me know what you think. Thanks for any feedback.

Offline KOppmann

Reply #1 on: May 22, 2021, 06:45:32 PM
So, an update on this post. I sent my son to Fork Union Military Academy this year after all, and I was thoroughly impressed. My son is demonstrating more self-discipline, doesn't always need his cell phone, and for him, wrestling has improved tremendously. I am sending him back for 9th grade, and feel he will benefit a great deal more from a more normalized year. If anyone has any questions about the school, feel free to message me. I am looking for another Texas family to join me for cheering on the team! The coach gave me permission to post that his name is Coach Hall, and he can be reached at halld@fuma.org.

Thanks,
KOppmann