News

Welcome - We are looking a new ways to improve the forum.  More to come soon!!!   We are making some changes to the forum.  These upgrades/adds may or could cause issues for logging in.  If you have any problems, please email

admin@ncwrestlingscoutreport.com

The craziest/most confusing weight in NCAA

coachsmithwick · 5025

Offline coachsmithwick

on: February 20, 2018, 01:02:59 PM
Which is the craziest/most confusing weight as we head into the NCAA post season? Why?

Offline coachsmithwick

Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 02:02:47 PM
I'm going with 125 lbs. Here's a breakdown. The Big 10's will be brutal with Suriano, Lee, Nato, Lizak to name a few.

Rank   Grade   Name   School   Previous Rank
1   SO   Nick Suriano   Rutgers           1-Clear favorite
2   SR   Darian Cruz   Lehigh             2 Returning champ
3   FR   Spencer Lee   Iowa               3- "X" factor
4   SR   NATO            Ohio State       4- former champ(lost to Lee
8   JR   Ethan Lizak   Minnesota          8- runner-up from last year
9   JR   Ronnie Bresser   Oregon State    9- beat Lee
12   JR   Ryan Millhof   Arizona State   12- former ALL American
14   JR   Sean Russell   Edinboro        14- former All american
15   JR   Zeke Moisey   West Virginia    15- former Runner-up

Offline no excuses

Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 10:33:32 PM
coachsmithwick I agree with you 125 is DEEEEP! But, I totally disagree with "clear favorite". You may coax a "slight favorite" out of me, but it would not "surprise me" if any of about 5-6 of top guys won it. Who even knows for sure if Suriano even wrestles!?!
Does Nolf wrestle? How close to 100% will he be at? Lots of questions will be answered at conference tournaments!
Can NCSU send 10 to the NCAA tourney again this year (I think they will!)?
Great time of the year! I am stoooked!

Offline coachsmithwick

Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 11:58:19 AM
coachsmithwick I agree with you 125 is DEEEEP! But, I totally disagree with "clear favorite". You may coax a "slight favorite" out of me, but it would not "surprise me" if any of about 5-6 of top guys won it. Who even knows for sure if Suriano even wrestles!?!
Does Nolf wrestle? How close to 100% will he be at? Lots of questions will be answered at conference tournaments!
Can NCSU send 10 to the NCAA tourney again this year (I think they will!)?
Great time of the year! I am stoooked!

When I made this post I was unaware that Suriano may wrestle. There seems to be some uncertainty that he will be ready for Big 10's. From what I have heard or seen a lot of people don't think Nolf will be able to go this year.

Offline no excuses

Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 05:38:25 PM
I am hearing Suriano is a go for the B10s, but... still 100% he is 100%. I heard flu, then I heard staph, then I hear he is fine.

I heard from folks "in the know" Nolf is out, done. Then someone claims to have seen him out running, others say he is drilling -with only experienced veteran guys. Who knows. Another med ff out of B10s??