News

Welcome - We are looking a new ways to improve the forum.  More to come soon!!!   We are making some changes to the forum.  These upgrades/adds may or could cause issues for logging in.  If you have any problems, please email

admin@ncwrestlingscoutreport.com

Former NC State champion Ryan Blackwell

Ironman152 · 1941

Offline Ironman152

on: December 09, 2019, 09:22:54 AM
https://www.pnj.com/story/news/2019/12/07/nas-pensacola-shooting-injured-victim-describes-battle/4366833002/

Former 2x Croatan state champ UNCP wrestler and Florida HS assistant coach Ryan Blackwell was shot 3 times during the terrorist attack at the naval base in Fl last week.  Ryan was shot while using his body to shield a female coworker and then after being shot aided in getting the rest of his office out of the building and to safety.

After he was shot and at the hospital, one of the first things Ryan did was call the head coach of the team he helped coach and said "hey i cant make it to the tournament this weekend, i've been shot".

Teague Little

Lumberton Senior High

Offline Fwrogers

Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 11:49:52 AM
I wish there was a like button for this. Absolute toughness and Heroism. One of my former wrestlers was on that base at Flight school at the time. He wasn't injured nor was he right where it happened but he was close enough to hear the shots

Offline coachsmithwick

Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 12:49:02 PM
Wrestling gives you mental toughness. Thoughts go out to Ryan and his family.

Offline Ironman152

Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 01:35:49 PM
If it wasn't already implied, Ryan is expected to make a full recovery.  Mike Williams posted a picture of himself and Ryan both standing beside each other at the hospital. 

Teague Little

Lumberton Senior High