News

Welcome - We are looking a new ways to improve the forum.  More to come soon!!!   We are making some changes to the forum.  These upgrades/adds may or could cause issues for logging in.  If you have any problems, please email

admin@ncwrestlingscoutreport.com

Should NCHSAA add a 5A class?

coachsmithwick · 5374

Offline bgrayii

Reply #15 on: December 13, 2019, 08:02:11 AM
I can't recall the specifics but I do remember Tra showing the loss.  Might it have been the overall season and not just the State Tournament?

Offline no excuses

Reply #16 on: December 18, 2019, 11:59:53 AM
Teague and Mo,
I think you guys are talking two different things. Teague is talking the sport of wrestling is losing money in NC and Maurice is talking state tourney. My guess is they making money at the tourney, but not enough to cover expenses for the season. Could that explain the difference? Could we get a breakdown of expenses and revenue for the sport of wrestling from NCHSAA?

Offline ha103bl

Reply #17 on: December 20, 2019, 08:17:23 AM
No way should there be 5 divisions for wrestling.  There are not enough High Schools with wrestling.  Ohio (with 3 divisions has 1100 public schools, where NC has only about 700.

NC should go to a 3 division system.  The large schools division should take the largest 34% of schools, the middle division takes the middle 33% and the smallest school division takes the smallest 33% of schools. (Use the ADM to divide- this is exactly what Illinois does.)

Just because 4A in one sport should not guarantee 4A in all sports.  Not the same number of schools offer all sports!

Offline ramoody

Reply #18 on: January 05, 2020, 04:13:34 PM
No way should there be 5 divisions for wrestling.  There are not enough High Schools with wrestling.  Ohio (with 3 divisions has 1100 public schools, where NC has only about 700.

NC should go to a 3 division system.  The large schools division should take the largest 34% of schools, the middle division takes the middle 33% and the smallest school division takes the smallest 33% of schools. (Use the ADM to divide- this is exactly what Illinois does.)

Just because 4A in one sport should not guarantee 4A in all sports.  Not the same number of schools offer all sports!

Have to agree with this.. just look at football, they have 8 classifications.  Way back when I started wrestling in NC, just like Highlander "there can only be one".. one classification, one state champ.  If they wanna split dual team state champs up one thing, but not indy tournament.  It does not matter how big the school you attend is for an individual championship.