News

Welcome - We are looking a new ways to improve the forum.  More to come soon!!!   We are making some changes to the forum.  These upgrades/adds may or could cause issues for logging in.  If you have any problems, please email

admin@ncwrestlingscoutreport.com

Division I National Qualifiers

bgrayii · 4654

Offline bgrayii

on: March 11, 2020, 08:42:26 AM
I see NC has 5 DI Qualifiers, which puts NC in the top 20 in the country for # of qualifiers.  Does anyone know who these guys are off the top of their head?   

Offline jtutterrow

Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 09:35:37 AM
Demazio Samuel, Thomas Flitz (Piedmont), Quincy Monday (Carrboro/Texas), Cary Miller (NW Guilford), John Millner

Offline bgrayii

Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 10:02:59 AM
Thanks! Last year Flo had Quincy as a Texan and not counting for NC. 

Offline jtutterrow

Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 10:45:23 AM
You're welcome I do not think that I saw another North Carolina kid as an NCAA Qualifier so I just assumed Quincy had to be the 5th one.

Offline bgrayii

Reply #4 on: March 12, 2020, 09:02:30 AM
Yep, it is just those five.  I did a little further looking myself.  It's just the 4 guys from App State and Quincy, who was "given" to NC this year as opposed to Texas, as Willie Saylor did last year.

Offline efowlie

Reply #5 on: March 15, 2021, 09:35:00 AM
I think Milliner has a great shot to be high on the podium!

Offline Rakesh Yves

• mhds
Reply #6 on: April 27, 2023, 08:26:02 AM
Athletes who have qualified to participate in the NCAA Division I National Championships in their sport are called "Division I National Qualifiers." Many college athletes want to make it to the National Championships, which is the top level of competition at the college level.

To qualify, athletes must meet certain standards set by the NCAA, such as performing at the top level in their sport and winning league and regional championships as a team.

Qualifying for the National Championships is a big deal, and it can give athletes a chance to participate professionally.