News

Welcome - We are looking a new ways to improve the forum.  More to come soon!!!   We are making some changes to the forum.  These upgrades/adds may or could cause issues for logging in.  If you have any problems, please email

admin@ncwrestlingscoutreport.com

2 point Stalling Call question

Longdayrunner · 1761

Offline Longdayrunner

on: December 28, 2021, 11:08:35 AM
Can anyone direct me where, in the Rule Book and/or Case Book, it is printed the procedure the Official will use when both Wrestlers are penalized at the same time for the 2 Point Stalling Call?

Thank you.

Offline Ironman152

Reply #1 on: January 03, 2022, 09:00:40 AM
I'm a little confused at the question. Are you asking if there is a two point stall call and if so what is the ruling?

Or are you saying essentially both wrestlers have been hit with double stalling enough so that both wrestlers are penalized 2 points at the same time?

Teague Little

Lumberton Senior High

Offline Longdayrunner

Reply #2 on: January 03, 2022, 12:40:48 PM
The latter.  Both Wrestlers are penalized at the same time for the 2 point stalling call.  There isn't a reference in either the Rule and/or Case Book for the correct call or procedure to be followed by the Official..
« Last Edit: January 03, 2022, 01:54:08 PM by Longdayrunner »

Offline Coach Atwood

• Administrator
Reply #3 on: January 04, 2022, 05:37:24 PM
You should present that to the NFHS.  That may convince them to put something in the book.  My bet is that neither would be given a choice.

Offline ncref

• Anytown
Reply #4 on: January 07, 2022, 07:37:41 PM
I have personally never seen, nor needed to call, simultaneous stalling for the fourth time in a match. That surely be an interesting situation, but I think unlikely in the grand scheme of things This is  probably why this specific of a case is not covered. I guess if I was pressed with this situation, I would just call the stalling penalty on one of the wrestlers, which in my judgement was stalling "the most".

I hope that we wouldn't get to that point in a match though. It would have to be both wrestlers just laying there on the mat or in a clinch/tie up, 4 times, simultaneously. Proactive officiating with verbal instructions during the course of the match, and good/effective coaching, would likely prevent this situation from occurring in the first place.

Offline Coach Atwood

• Administrator
Reply #5 on: January 10, 2022, 02:01:54 PM
Way back when I saw two wrestlers get double DQ'd for stalling in the regional consolation semifinals by Wendall Hampton.  There was a forfeit given to the consolation bracket winner for 3rd and then again in the first round of the state tournament the next week. 

Offline ncref

• Anytown
Reply #6 on: January 17, 2022, 07:02:58 PM
Ugh...that must have been a yaw-ner of a match.

Offline jimt

Reply #7 on: January 29, 2022, 04:28:49 PM
I have personally never seen, nor needed to call, simultaneous stalling for the fourth time in a match. That surely be an interesting situation, but I think unlikely in the grand scheme of things This is  probably why this specific of a case is not covered. I guess if I was pressed with this situation, I would just call the stalling penalty on one of the wrestlers, which in my judgement was stalling "the most".

I hope that we wouldn't get to that point in a match though. It would have to be both wrestlers just laying there on the mat or in a clinch/tie up, 4 times, simultaneously. Proactive officiating with verbal instructions during the course of the match, and good/effective coaching, would likely prevent this situation from occurring in the first place.

Not a big deal, but it wouldn't have to be four times in a row of SIMULTANEOUS stalling.  Only that the fourth occurrence for each wrestler happened at the same time.