News

Welcome - We are looking a new ways to improve the forum.  More to come soon!!!   We are making some changes to the forum.  These upgrades/adds may or could cause issues for logging in.  If you have any problems, please email

admin@ncwrestlingscoutreport.com

Dual Team Seeding

bgrayii · 955

Offline bgrayii

on: January 10, 2022, 01:22:10 PM
I thought I would share some thoughts, observations and questions on this touchy subject.  First, what we have is better than the past, no matter what it is and I think it
s going to be fairly difficult to screw it up.  For the most part, what matters, most is just to get the top four correct so that they all host rounds 1/2 and meet up in rounds 3/4. 

To earn a top four seed you must win your conference correct?  There is a head to head component right there, before rankwrestlers.com ever comes in to play. 

I looked at 4A Rankings this morning.  TheNCmat.com, SEWrestle, and rankwrestlers.com all have the same top four in the east and they are all in different conferences.  i think it is clear what it's going to be.   

The 4A west is interesting b/c of the conference situation.  The Metro and Greater Metro Conferences are loaded and the conference winner will get a top four seed I'm sure, the #2 out of both conferences will be a really tough out for some other conference champs, and the #3 teams in those conferences will include highly ranked teams that will bet left out.  Is there going to a wild card spot in the west?  I only see 15 automatics on the NCHSAA site. After the Metro conferences already discussed it's somewhat of a toss up who will also be a top four seed and it will come down to the rankwrestlers.com algorithm, and it appears it will be fairly close. 

I know I'm downplaying the importance of the remaining seeds and bracket placements for some schools but I'm most interested in seeing if those top four seeds that get to host rounds 1/2 move on.  In 4A it sure looks like east will be chalk while in the west a conference runner up or two is likely to make it to the third round.