News

Welcome - We are looking a new ways to improve the forum.  More to come soon!!!   We are making some changes to the forum.  These upgrades/adds may or could cause issues for logging in.  If you have any problems, please email

admin@ncwrestlingscoutreport.com

20-21 Calendar

CoachBarry · 2767

Offline CoachBarry

on: January 14, 2020, 12:08:25 PM
Unless I'm reading something wrong, next season's calendar is going to provide some scheduling challenges if you like a full slate.  The NCHSAA calendar says our start date is 11/9 with first contest 11/23 (Mon of Thanks week).  1st/2nd Rd Duals are Sat, Jan 30th.  In addition, the holidays fall on Fridays, so there will be 4 less weekends for big tournaments.  Thoughts?     

Offline Coach Atwood

• Administrator
Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 01:15:54 PM
First, you're probably wrong..LOL..just kidding.  Second, nothing says we can't have events on Holidays.  Just saying.  The only day we can't compete is Sunday, but I get the challenging circumstances.  We're all going to have to work through it.  Jim Trenner told me he's wanting a December 22-23 Holy Angles Invitational next season. 

Offline CoachBarry

Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 07:47:22 PM
I’m pretty sure CMS schools can’t compete on 12/25 or 1/1, but you’re right- we’ll all work through it.

I hope Holy Angels continues to be after Xmas because I’m hoping to have the EB Memorial on 12/22-23

Offline Coach Atwood

• Administrator
Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 09:32:25 AM
Maybe it was your tournament he was saying may be December 22-23.  So I could be wrong..LOL.

Offline Longdayrunner

Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 11:45:58 AM
If you look at the dates for 2020-2021 calendar on the posted spreadsheet on the NCHSAA website, it seems odd that basketball can have it's first practice on 10/26 and first contest on 11/9.  Is there an error on the spreadsheet with regards to other winter sports?

Offline Coach Atwood

• Administrator
Reply #5 on: January 15, 2020, 01:15:41 PM
If there is a difference in starting dates for basketball and other winter sports that is something that will need to be rearranged, but the same dates should apply to all sports. 

Offline Fatdog

Reply #6 on: January 15, 2020, 05:18:59 PM
Those basketball dates are for non football playing schools.

Offline Ironman152

Reply #7 on: January 16, 2020, 08:55:20 AM
I was looking at those start dates also. Seems pretty wonky. I was really confused about it also.  So you're saying at a school that does not offer football, only basketball can start at those early dates?  That doesn't make sense on multiple levels.

Teague Little

Lumberton Senior High

Offline Coach Atwood

• Administrator
Reply #8 on: January 16, 2020, 09:01:37 AM
Should be ALL non football playing schools having the early start date, but again, why is everything else postponed for schools that have football?  This is giving a distinct advantage to those schools without football even if it's just basketball teams allowed to begin earlier.  Sometimes it is really hard to believe that the NCHSAA puts out these kinds of rules and procedures, because it is counter productive to what they're attempting to do, which is create a fair competitive environment.  This comes off as having a partiality to basketball, and helps the basketball teams in schools where there isn't a football team in operation by giving them a couple extra weeks of practice.  What's fair in that scenario?